The Institute at a glance
A driving force for social and economic development in Greater Quebec City, the Institute depends on the proficiency and professionalism of:
- 2,579 employees
- 265 specialists and general practitioners
- 157 basic and clinical researchers
- 103 volunteers
These dedicated professionals serve 30% of Quebec’s population.
As a leader, the Institute plays an important and influential role at a national and international level. Its research findings, innovations and medical breakthroughs rival those of the most eminent international establishments. More than ever, the Institute is pushing boundaries and driving medical knowledge forward in order to significantly improve the lives of people in and outside the territory we serve.
We would like to single out the tireless efforts of numerous physicians and staff members for their active involvement in:
- organizing provincial, national and international scientific events
- playing a teaching role as speakers, lecturers and members of teaching committees
- publishing scientific articles
- serving their respective professional orders in various capacities
All of these people help forge the reputation of the Institut universitaire de cardiologie et de pneumologie de Québec - Université Laval as a top-level healthcare establishment where specialized expertise and the sharing of knowledge come together in an ongoing quest for excellence.