The histology unit was developed in 2018 within the Pulmonary Hypertension Research Group.
All the apparatus required for the specimen fixation, paraffin embedding and cutting for microscopic analysis are available to its users through this platform. Dedicated to research, it offers all the versatility necessary to adapt to the specific needs of the Institute’s researchers.
Excelsior AS, an automated tissue processor for dehydration
- Adjustable cycle of dehydration and paraffin infusion according to the needs
- Reagents preheated at à 35oC to facilitate tissue perfusion
- Gentle tissue agitation throughout the process
- Up to 222 cassettes per cycle
HistoStar AS, embedding station
- Large heated workspace
- Sample storage area
- A cold plate for setting of up to 72 paraffin blocks
HM 340E electronic rotary microtome
- Easy, safe and comfortable to use
- Section thickness from 0.5 to 100 μm
For more information or to make a reservation, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic training on safety rules and equipment maintenance is mandatory for all new users.